Are we still in business? Absolutely, and we will be as long as this site is up.
Scroll down to see the many DIY troubleshooting topics below
Please go through the following DIY list; if you don’t see what you are looking for, you can look through the Q&A and/or ask a new question about your sprinkler timer.
This do-it-yourself page will help you troubleshoot and diagnose problems with the Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600 and other irrigation systems. We don’t want you to send in a sprinkler timer in for repair if it doesn’t need it. Click the links below to navigate the troubleshooting sections. If you’re asking “How do I …”, keep reading.
For RainDial RD-600, 900, 1200 PROGRAMMING HELP and manuals, click here
Choose the Rain Dial RD600 series problem DIY troubleshooting topic below.
- RD-600 Series: Rain Dial Sprinkler/irrigation valves chatter or buzz or water pressure seems low.
- RD-600 Series: Display says FUS or FU5 and a number
- RD-600 Series: Display shows 5En or SEn
- RD-600 Series: Display shows OF1 or OF… some number
- RD-600 Series: Display shows P:On or P:Off
- RD-600 Series: Display shows OFF or blinks when turning on a valve manually
- Display is blinking – see above
- RD-600 Series: Display shows “—-” for days of the week – refers to skip days
- RD-600 Series: Time is frozen or cannot change the time
- RD-600 Series: Valves do not come on when they’re supposed to
- RD-600 Series: Determine if the valves are good
- RD-600 Series: Valve won’t turn off or come on when they’re not supposed to
- RD-600 Series: Valves will not shut off
- RD-600 Series: The case door won’t open or you lost your key
- RD-600 Series: The case door breaks off or comes apart
- Rain Dial Plus:displays “Opn” or “Open”
Choose from Other Helpful Rain Dial and DIY troubleshooting “How do I …” sprinkler timer related topics below
- RD-600 Series: How to check the fuse
- RD-600 Series: How to test the transformer to know if the transformer is bad
- RD-600 Series: How to test if the valves or solenoids are bad.
- RD-600 Series: How to reset the RainDial controller and set it to factory defaults
- RD-600 900 1200: Programming tutorial
- RD-600 Series: Programming worksheet
- RD-600 Series: Typical Sprinkler Valve Wiring Diagram
- RD-600 Series: Rain Sensor information for Irritrol RD600 and other timers
- How do I water while my timer is being repaired (Manually watering without using a timer)
Here is a video showing common symptoms that indicate when a Rain Dial Controller needs to be repaired.
If this information wasn’t enough to resolve the issue, we can help:
Send Rain Dial Timers in for repair?