Are we still in business? Absolutely, and we will be as long as this site is up.
Scroll down to see the many DIY troubleshooting topics below
Please go through the following DIY list; if you don’t see what you are looking for, you can look through the Q&A and/or ask a new question about your sprinkler timer.
This do-it-yourself page will help you troubleshoot and diagnose problems with the Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600 and other irrigation systems. We don’t want you to send in a sprinkler timer in for repair if it doesn’t need it. Click the links below to navigate the troubleshooting sections. If you’re asking “How do I …”, keep reading.
For RainDial RD-600, 900, 1200 PROGRAMMING HELP and manuals, click here
Choose the Rain Dial RD600 series problem DIY troubleshooting topic below.
- Timer Behavior problems
- Display error messages
- How Do I … and trouble shooting topics
RD-600/900/1200 Timer – Behavior Problems:
- Rain Dial Sprinkler/irrigation valves chatter or buzz or water pressure seems low.
- Valves do not come on when they’re supposed to
- Valves stuck on, won’t turn off or more than one is on.
- Time is frozen or cannot change the time
- The case door won’t open or you lost your key
- The case door breaks off or comes apart
Display Error Messages for the Irritrol RD600, RD900, RD1200 Irrigation Timers:
- Display shows OFF or blinks when turning on a valve manually
- Display is Blank.
- Display says FUS or FU5 and a number
- Display shows 5En or SEn
- Display shows OF1 or OF… some number
- Display shows P:On or P:Off
- Display is blinking – see above
- Display shows “—-“ for days of the week – refers to skip days
- Rain Dial Plus:displays “Opn” or “Open“
Programming Information for Irritrol RD600, RD900, RD1200 Irrigation Timers:
- Programming tutorial for RD-600/900/1200
- Programming worksheet for RD600/900/1200
- Understanding the Skip Days Feature
DIY troubleshooting “How do I …” sprinkler timer related topics
- How do I turn on a valve using the manual button?
- How to reset the RainDial controller and set it to factory defaults
- How do I water while my timer is being repaired (Manually watering without using a timer)
- How to check the fuse (also see FUS topic above)
- How to test the transformer to know if the transformer is bad
- How to test if the valves or solenoids are bad.
- Typical Sprinkler Valve Wiring Diagram
- Rain Sensor information for Irritrol RD600 and other timers
Here is a video showing common symptoms that indicate when a Rain Dial Controller needs to be repaired.
If this information wasn’t enough to resolve the issue, we can help:
Send Rain Dial Timers in for repair?