Removing the rain dial for repair – Instructions
This page shows how to remove the RainDial timer from the wall unit – no tools, no electricity issues, no wiring. If you’re having it repaired, most of the time, only the timer module is needed. However, it’s always best to send both parts. If you’d prefer to just send the easy one to remove, contact us ahead of time to make sure that’s all you need to send.
This page contains instructions in two forms:
- two videos and
- written instructions with pictures
Video 1: module removal video.
Video 2: Back connector board removal video.
To have a unit repaired, simply bring me just the controller unit. It’s very easy to remove – see the following these steps for details.
- The hinge part on the main housing looks like this, it just clamps onto the controller.
- When you pull, it just separates enough to release it.
Pull straight off the top hinge, then the bottom one
- It’s true that it’s a little more work, but still reasonably easy, and if you’re comfortable removing it, we always recommend you send it too.
- It’s required for any of the more blue models (see the more-gray and more-blue models above)