Question: You just repaired my rain dial RD600 two weeks ago, reinstalled today, flashed 0F9, did a reset now flashing 0F1 alternating with the time. Any ideas?
Hi David, That indicates that the controller is turned off for 9 days; it’s a rain delay feature. A RainDial button probably just got pressed accidentally while programming. It’s a handy feature to delay watering if it rains … you can read about it in the manual: http://raindialdoctor.
Why is this flashing happening?
How to I turn set or turn off the RD 600 series rain delay feature?
- Place the Function switch in the OFF position.
- Press the +/- button to set 1 to 9 delay days (OF 1 – OF 9). (when it’s shows the current time, the delay is off)
- Place the Function switch in the Run position.
To disable RD 600 series Rain Delay feature
- Place the Function switch in the Set Programs position.
- Turn the Dial to the Skip Days – Special Functions position.
- Press the Manual button (repeatedly) to display rd0 (Rain Delay = 0 days). If it says rd2 or another number, that number is the number of delay days currently set.
- Press the / buttons to select a Rain Delay period of 1 to 9 days or 0 to turn off the Rain Delay feature.
- Return the Dial to the Current Time position.
- Return the Function switch to the Run position.